Sunday 20 April 2014

Day 5: Journal 19/4/2014

It's Easter Saturday today, it's also my Wedding Anniversary.

11 years ago today I got married. It was also the day that a woman came up to me, I was in my wedding dress part way through taking photographs, and told me I should have lost weight for my wedding. 

Seriously, who does that? Talk about rude. Thing is, at that point I was smaller than I am now, and I had actually lost about 3 stone. Where does anyone get off on doing that on someone's wedding day.  

But let's not talk about that right now. 

What shall we talk about? I know how about My Fitness Pal. 

Gosh what an app. I love it. You can use it for support, information, or even just to log your calories in calories out. What more do  you need. 

It can be used on a computer, tablet or phone. It is truly accessible. If you have the smart phone app (that isn't the blackberry one) you can scan the bar code on an item to find out the calorie  and nutrition values. 

It makes calorie counting that much more bearable. Also easier, it works out what calories you need to be eating to lose a healthy amount of weight each week. Not only can you log your weight, you can also input your vital statistics. 

What it doesn't give you is will power. That you need to find all on your own, and for the most part is the hardest part of the battle.

Today has been a high calorie day. Not over my daily allowance but still higher than I normally would like. Weekends are going to be tough. Dealing with other people's opinions of what I should eat and balancing it with what they want to eat. Or basically I need to get stubborn and not give in. 

So Happy Easter everyone. Tomorrow I'm being a brave little toaster and going for a spa day, something that is totally outside my comfort zone. I have no idea what to expect at all. 

I'm also playing with starting a YouTube channel to go along with this blog. 


No comments:

Post a Comment